Share on Instagram or Tik Tok + influence those around you.
This summer, we want YOU to share about safety and use your influence to spread awareness about distracted driving.
The time period from Memorial Day-Labor has been deemed the “100 Deadliest Day” because more accidents occur on the road during this time than any other time of the year. Young drivers have more free time on their hands with school being out, and in our world today – we are distracted more than ever.
We Save Lives, shared some eye-opening facts about this time period on their website:
- Motor Vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens.
- Teens have the highest crash rate of any age group.
- An average 260 teens are killed in car crashes each month during the summer, an increase of 26% compared with the other months of the year.
- 60% of teen crashes today are caused by distracted driving.
- Surprisingly, the top distraction for teens is other passengers, accounting for 15% of teen driver crashes, compared to 12 % caused by texting or talking on a cell phone.
We challenge YOU to share about SAFE 2 SAVE and distracted driving on Instagram or Tik Tok, encouraging your friends and community to download SAFE 2 SAVE and get free food for driving undistracted.
Share about the app in general, you redeeming your points, your favorite rewards, who you drive safe for, or how the app works! The best video will receive a $500 gift card to Amazon! Make sure to tag us in the video to be considered to win.
Resources: We Save Lives, Triple AAA, National Safety Council and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility, (FAARS)