For some people, figuring out how to maximize reward points is a real art form. They have the unique ability to stretch a modest amount of frequent flyers miles into a family vacation to Hawaii for 4 people! They maintain spreadsheets and build elaborate financial models to make sure they maximize every ounce of value.
For the rest of us, it can sometimes be daunting since there are many variables to consider and not all points are equal in value. So we created a list of popular ways to maximize 1,000 points. Here are some of our user favorites in descending order:
- la Madeleine – This is one of our favorite breakfast places! We have 37 La Madeleine restaurants in our SAFE 2 SAVE program. Most are located around Houston, with a handful in Central TX, Austin, Oklahoma and Louisiana. For 500 points, they will give you a free salad ($4.89), mini lemon tart or croissant ($2.59). Total Value for 1,000 Points: $5.00 – $10.00
- McDonald’s – There are over 400 locations across Texas participating with SAFE 2 SAVE. Most of these locations are around Houston, Central Texas and Austin. For just 500 points, you can get a Big Mac ($3.99) with a BOGO purchase. They also offer free fries for 350 points or a free drink for 100 points. Total Value for 1,000 Points: $5.00 – $10.00
- Dairy Queen – All of the Dairy Queen locations in Texas will accept SAFE 2 SAVE points. They are currently offering a free soft serve cone ($1.99) for just 300 points. So a user could get 3 soft serve cones for 900 points. Plus you can get a free Mini Blizzard ($3.35) if you download their app. Total Value: $6.00 – $10.00
- Chewy.com – For all you pet lovers out there, this reward is also available online and nationwide. For just 100 points, you will get $15 off a purchase of $50 or more, plus free shipping. So you could redeem this reward 10 times over a couple months to use up 1,000 points.. Total Value for 1,000 Points: $150.00 (+ Free Shipping!)
- Safety Serve – Do you need to take Defensive Driving for a lower insurance discount or in response to a traffic ticket? Or have you considered enrolling a loved one in a Distracted Driving course so they can avoid becoming a statistic. Safety Serve is the leading online provider of courseware and approved by the National Safety Council. For just 100 points, you can get $10 off their Defensive Driving course or $35 off their Distracted Driving course. So for 1,000 points, you could sign up the whole family! Total Value for 1,000 Points: $100.00 – $350.00
Of course, the reason we use SAFE 2 SAVE is to remind us not to ‘tech and drive’. But free food and merchandise is a really nice perk! So please drive responsibly and enjoy the rewards for your safe habits!