SAFE 2 SAVE LLC
Last modified: October 15, 2018
Safe2Save (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Safe2Save mobile application (this “App“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or Company or third party websites, including websites you may access through this App and websites through which you may log in.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including third parties providing rewards or other information through this App.
Our website and third parties may have separate privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Persons Under Driving Age
This App is not intended for persons too young to qualify for driver’s licenses, or for children under 15 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 15 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 15, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use this App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, photographs, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“). This information may include personal information obtained by this App from a third-party website to which you have granted access, such as Facebook but will only include the public profile.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such reward preferences, information about persons in a social network connected to your account on this App (such as through Facebook), rewards score, coupon redemption history, or number or points accumulated.
This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in this App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this App and using this App. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use this App, it may use technology to automatically collect the following information:
- Usage Details. When you access and use this App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of this App and the mobile device on which you run this App, including traffic data, location data, accelerometer data, gyroscope data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through this App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, home screen lock image, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. This App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please note that this App will track and store the following information related to driving history over time from your mobile device: location information, accelerometer information, and gyroscope information. In the event you choose to opt out from the App tracking your driving history, then your driving history will be stored into an aggregate anonymously so that your location information, accelerometer information, and gyroscope information cannot be tied to you as a unique user at all.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Pages of this App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
We offer third-party products or services in our App for purchase with safe driving points. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with this App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Solicit ratings and reviews of our App to improve our app to better serve you.
- Follow up reviews via live chat, email or phone inquiries.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate the breadth of our service and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use this App.
If you opt in to such use, we may use location and/or accelerometer information that we collect to monitor speed and location of your mobile device.
[We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.]
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or mobile device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business [and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including this App [EULA], and Terms & Conditions [LINK].
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your [email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. You can also always opt-out by logging into this App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email [or text message] stating your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS] [or [PHONE NUMBER].
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out. You can always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also always opt-out by logging into this App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into this App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org http://consumercal.org/california-online- privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
The CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages. In accordance with the this law, we do not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses, we identify the message as an advertisement, include the physical address of our business or site headquarters, monitor third-party email marketing, allow users to unsubscribe safely by using a link provided in each email, and honor such unsubscribe requests promptly.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of this App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of this App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Should a data breach occur affecting your personal information, we will notify you within a reasonable time period or as may be required by applicable law. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
College Station, TX 77845